ADSM-L

COMMAND schedules on NT5

2002-02-26 08:11:09
Subject: COMMAND schedules on NT5
From: Dale Jolliff <dale.jolliff.b AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:08:40 -0500
I'm having some issues that I'm sure someone out there has already solved...

We have Domino Agents on Win2K nodes, and the scheduled events are COMMAND
schedules prompted by a 4.2x TSM server on AIX.

Our problem is that regardless of the syntax used for the command, it is not run
as a background job - it is in the foreground with an open VDM on the desktop.

I can use the Microsoft "at" scheduler and cause the job to initiate as a
background task, so at this point I am having to assume it is an issue with how
the TSM/TDP client software initiates the job.

The best I have been able to come up with is

cmd.exe /C "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\win_test.cmd" && exit

and

Start "Tivoli Agent - DO NOT CLOSE" /B /MIN cmd.exe /C "C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\win_test.cmd" && exit

However, the parameters for the "Start" are not altering the VDM that is visible
on the desktop. (Note that without the "&& exit" the VDM is left on the desktop)

Anyone have any quick fixes, or pointers?