ADSM-L

AW: Downlevel client code version

2002-02-26 07:46:25
Subject: AW: Downlevel client code version
From: _pkliste <pkliste AT SCHLUND DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:43:58 +0100
I had thios problem once, too. In my case the machine was a netware server
running client version 4.2.1.13 or so. I wanted to restore some of the netware
files to a w2k machine and logged on to the server from the w2k machine with
the gui client. That seems to change the registration of the node in the tsm
database. The next time the 'real' node (i.e. the netware server) had a turn
requesting its schedule from the server, it returned 'downlevel', because the
w2k machine had changed the registration to '4.2.1.20'.
Luckily this happened during our testing phase and I simply deleted the node
(and all data on the server concerning it) and registered the node again.
Maybe this has something to do with the 'open registration mode'.
What I learned is: 'Don'r restore from a client with a different version level'.
pk.