ADSM-L

W2K and the System Objects

2002-02-25 17:06:16
Subject: W2K and the System Objects
From: mrkirra2001 <mrkirra2001 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:00:37 +1100
How do I stop the system objects (specifically the *.EXE's, *.DLL's, etc in
the WINNT directory structure...) from being backed up EVERY time I do a
backup on a W2K machine? These system objects are over 120MB in size and is
taking up bandwidth, disk and tape space unnecessarily as they do not change
that frequently. I'd be happy to back them up once a week, or ideally, when
they change, as TSM was (classically) designed to do...

Thanks

/gjs