ADSM-L

[no subject]

2002-02-25 12:24:43
From: Patrick Sheehan <psheehan AT GLOBE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:21:38 -0500
Thanks Gabriel

     I have 4 Nodes all NT and All Domino servers using TDP for Domino to
do so. I don't use collocation or archiving and use a direct to tape
methodology. Any recommendations???

TIA

Patrick

                    Gabriel Wiley
                    <wileyg AT US DOT IBM       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    .COM>                cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    02/25/2002
                    10:57 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Patrick,

Is collocation turned on?
How many nodes do you back up?
What type of backup services are you providing? (i.e. TDP
LNOTES/MSSQL/DB2/ORACLE ) ??
How many primary  --to--->  copypools do you have on your TSM server?
Are you archiving?

Each of those could have an effect on why your tapes aren't  utilized the
way you would like them to be...

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support