ADSM-L

Re: IP change on AIX

2002-02-25 11:38:04
Subject: Re: IP change on AIX
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:35:25 -0500
It's not clear from your message, are you changing just the servers IP or
all the Novell clients also?  If just the server, then you also have to change
the servers IP in any client's dsm.opt that connects to server by IP, unless
you havd server name instead of IP.  A stop and restart of scheduler on
 each of the clients that you change will be necessary.

If you change the IP of any client then most likley you will reboot that client
to set new IP and if scheduler is set to start automatically on reboot,
then it should contect the server and the server will get the clients new IP.

David Longo

>>> MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US 02/25/02 09:51AM >>>
Hello everyone, This is not directly related to TSM, but we are in the process
of changing all of our IP addresses. On our TSM server, we are running AIX
4.3.2. Most of our file servers are Novell, so it's much easier to change IP.
Is there a simple one time program to run , that will make the changes for
me???? Thanks!

Thanks, Mark Hayden
Network Administrator
E-Mail:  MHayden AT epa.state.il DOT us

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 02/25/02 11:48:14
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.