ADSM-L

restoring archived file when space manager stabs file corrupted

2002-02-25 01:17:29
Subject: restoring archived file when space manager stabs file corrupted
From: William SO Ng <ngwso AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:13:27 +0800
Hello there,

I have a question about TSM Space Manager.  When a user use space manager
to archive a file to TSM server, TSM will leave a stub file to the original
place.  When user access the file, TSM will "restore" the file from TSM.
So it seems transparent to the user.

If the user modify a file at 10:00 am, then trigger space manager to
archive the file immediately.  Unfortunately, there was a disk corruption,
so the stub file is corrupted.

Can anyone tell me if we can restore the file from TSM ? If yes, are we
going through TSM database to locate the file and then "restore" it ?
Also, if user delete the corrupted stub file, this means that the "archive"
file will be left in TSM storage pool and database forever ?  How can we
"clean up" these entries ?

Regards
William

Tivoli Software, IBM Software Group, IBM China/Hong Kong Limited
11/F, PCCW Tower, Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Hong Kong
Internet : ngwso AT hk1.ibm DOT com
Tel: 2825-7613                    Fax: 2825-0022