ADSM-L

Re: Determining File Size

2002-02-22 19:49:50
Subject: Re: Determining File Size
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:47:21 -0600
We are also trying to figure this out.  The contents table contains a size
but unfortunately it is the aggregate size.

So what we have to do is from a TSM client, issue a q backup command which
does tell you the file size - now this is ok if you only have a couple of
servers that you need this information from ....

It sure would be nice if you could do this with a sql query ....
.... and if it told you the actual space being used in TSM - not the source
file size - ie. Take into account compression.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg