ADSM-L

Upgrade DB questions

2002-02-22 11:07:36
Subject: Upgrade DB questions
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:04:03 -0500
We are running a 4.2.0.0 server under OS/390. In response to recent problems
we are going to upgrade the server as soon as our systems programmer returns
from vacation. The readme file for 4.2.1.0 indicates that it is always
necessary to upgrade the TSM database (by starting the server once with
the '/UPGRADEDB' parameter) when installing this level. There is no
indication that servers already at an earlier maintenance level of 4.2
can skip the database upgrade. Is the readme correct on this point?