ADSM-L

tape management

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Subject: tape management
From: Thomas Denier [mailto:Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Does anyone know of any tape management systems for tsm? Or how do most
> people track scratch tapes and how do you know how many scratch tapes will
> be needed??? Any help would be great

What platform will your TSM server run on? Different implementations take
very different approaches to tape management. In particular, the Unix and
Windows implementations mostly do their own tape management, while the
OS/390 implementation mostly leaves tape management to the operating system.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the addressee. The content of this
e-mail may have been changed without the consent of the originator.
The information supplied must be viewed in this context. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify our Helpdesk by
telephone on +44 (0) 20-7444-8444. Any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.