ADSM-L

Re: TSM trying to backup its own, open files..........

2002-02-22 10:09:20
Subject: Re: TSM trying to backup its own, open files..........
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:04:01 -0700
Zoltan,

It's simply a timing and resource issue from client to client.  The file is
certainly being updated by dsmc during the scheduled backup - if dsmc
flushes text to the file during the time it's moving it, you get the error.
It can depend on aggregate size, size of the dsmsched.log file, and probably
a lot of other things.  Not worth loosing sleep over, though.

When I run into a situation where someone wants to keep the contents of
dsmsched.log (rather than excluding it), I create a new management class
(usually named DYNAMIC) with dynamic serialization set in the backup
copygroup and include the dsmsched.log file to that management class.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.