ADSM-L

Re: 'Delay Period for Volume Reuse'

2002-02-21 15:47:32
Subject: Re: 'Delay Period for Volume Reuse'
From: Fritz Mesumbe <mesumbef AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:45:05 -0800
Hi Brian,

You are not right.  That value is just tells the
system the number of days before the tapes can be
reused.  Your former administrator may have done that
because he was running out of scratch tapes.  I have
found myself doing that whenever I faced the problem
of not having scratch tapes.  Information for restores
are usually on the diskpool or tapepool.  Your
copypool is usually for recovery.  Hope this helps or
better yet, a more experienced admin may shed more
light on this for you.

Fritz.