ADSM-L

ANS2619S with 4.2.1.x client for Windows

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Subject: ANS2619S with 4.2.1.x client for Windows
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I've been trying to resolve an issue with my Windows TSM clients and
thought I would share my solution.

Following an upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 of the client, I received the
following message when attempting to use the web-based backup/archive
client:

"ANS2619S The client Acceptor Daemon was unable to start the Remote Client
Agent"

After a lot of trial and error, I found the solution was to create the
following registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TSM Remote Client
Agent\Parameters\
OptionsFile : REG_SZ : D:\TSM\BAClient\DSM.OPT

This key did not exist when the server was running 4.2.0. By creating this
key to point at the DSM.OPT file on our system, the Remote Client Agent was
able to start and the web GUI worked fine.

The only conclusion I can draw is that this key is required with the 4.2.1
client where it wasn't required with the 4.2.0 client. I presume the
previous client used a different reference to the OPT file (eg
HKLM\Software\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\BackupClient\Options\Filename ?)

This is all conjecture on my part. The client has had many version of the
client installed and may even have been running a 3.1 client when the
services were created. I would imagine if I'd removed the services and
re-created them then this would have worked as well.

Neil Schofield

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682