ADSM-L

Re: TSM client for AIX5 on 32 bits system

2002-02-20 10:14:30
Subject: Re: TSM client for AIX5 on 32 bits system
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:56:08 -0500
Michel,

Install the 32 bit version from the Website..

It runs on AIX5, I asked this question a few months ago..

Read the README file, that's the reply I got from TIVOLI support ...

I have been running it for a few months now , haven't had any problems
except you need the latest APAR for AIX5 to run TSM..

Can't tell you the name/# of the APAR because I'm not @ my desk today..

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

                      Chris Young
                      <CYoung@GRESHAMST        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      ORAGE.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: TSM client for
AIX5 on 32 bits system
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/20/2002 09:06
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Michel,

It has been my experience that it is possible to use the TSM 4.2.1 client
for AIX 4.3.3 on an AIX 5.1 machine so long as you have the necessary
patches applied.  This should also allow you to overcome the 64-bit issue
as
well.

Chris Young