ADSM-L

Re: On-bar help required.

2002-02-20 09:38:20
Subject: Re: On-bar help required.
From: thomas true <thomas.true AT MELITTAKAFFEE DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:20:18 +0100
Hi Jason,

>>> jmorga31 AT CSC DOT COM 20.02.2002  14.37 Uhr >>>
>Our DBA has tried to run an onbar backup using the following command:-
>onbar -b -L 0 with the number of parallel backups set to two.
>The bar_act.log say WARNING : Physical restore complete. Logical restore
>required before work can continue.

>The DBA issues onbar -r -l and the following error is displayed on the
>online.log

>DBSpace logspace1 not recovered fomr same archive as  DBSpace rootbds.

>Has anyone encounetered this type of error before.

I had the same problem (although using HP Omniback for backup). Your DBA has to
use the
command: onbar -b -w -L 0 .
The parameter '-w' means 'whole database' and is necessary for a successfull
restore.
I don't know the exact explanation but I think it is somewhere in the backup
and recovery manual.

Bye,
Thomas