ADSM-L

More than one storage pool backing up to a single copypool.

2002-02-19 09:57:24
Subject: More than one storage pool backing up to a single copypool.
From: "Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:55:18 -0500
All,

        Is it possible to have two storage pool's backup to the same copy
storage pool?  I don't see anything in the manuals saying yes or no.

        We currently have a 'TAPEPOOL' which is backed up to a 'COPYPOOL' .
Then the 'COPYPOOL' tapes are sent offsite.  The original intention of our
TSM installation was for backup of 'server' data only.  The 'TAPEPOOL' uses
collocation.

        Recently a growing number of executives have "asked" to have their
desktops installed as TSM clients.  My problem is that right now each of
these desktops will "hog" an entire volume because of the collocation.

        What I would like to do is create a 'TAPEPOOL_PC' which has
collocation turned off and does a backup to the existing 'COPYPOOL'.

Thank You,
Jon Martin