ADSM-L

Re: Product Release Install Advice: (Used to be WARNING about Tiv oli 4.2.1.0)

2002-02-19 03:27:21
Subject: Re: Product Release Install Advice: (Used to be WARNING about Tiv oli 4.2.1.0)
From: "Ilja G. Coolen" <ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:22:46 +0100
Paul,

I can't agree more.
We had to wait a while before we could apply the fix 4.2.1.8, to fix our
3494 libary problems. Tivoli had it ready, but didn't release it because
they weren't satisfied with it. Forunately we weren't running TSM 4.2 in a
production environment at that time.

We are now running production at level 4.2.1.9, and it runs like a charm.
fix X.X.X.10 doesn't fix problems we are having, so we will not upgrade at
this time. We are testing it at our site of course.

Adding to Paul's comments on this list;
Me and my co-workers are constantly following discussions on this list and
read the posts that concerns us as well and act on it. Indeed, not every
post is usefull for everyone, but we experience this list as a international
ring of TSM friends, all trying to exploit the product to its full
potential.

Note;
I've noticed that the profesionality on this list is growing day by day. The
number of members is quite constant, but the level is getting higher.
Not forgetting about the newbies of course, who can learn a great deal in
this list. I did.

Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl <mailto:ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl>
Intranet
        : Storage Web
<http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>

  _____

Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -