ADSM-L

Re: SELFTUNEBUFpoolsize

2002-02-18 14:59:27
Subject: Re: SELFTUNEBUFpoolsize
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:56:57 -0600
We've noticed this also - running on 4.2.0 on W2K.  We've switched to
manually increasing bufpoolsize and turning off SELFTUNEBUFFPOOLSIZE.

From a TSM 3.7 Redbook -
"The current values for memory usage limits by the BUFPOOLSIZE value are 10%
of the real memory for AIX, HP Unix, Sun Solaris, and Windows NT, and 50% of
the region size in OS/390. This does also mean that Tivoli Storage Manager
may not be able, in all cases, to optimally tune the BUFPOOLSIZE value,
because the server could not have enough real memory installed."

Can anyone confirm if the above is still true for 4.x?

Thanks,

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg