ADSM-L

Moving from 3570 to STK LTO 700

2002-02-18 11:18:33
Subject: Moving from 3570 to STK LTO 700
From: Kelli Jones <JONESK AT CO.CHESTERFIELD.VA DOT US>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:01:54 -0500
We are moving to a Storagetek L700 (LTO) from 3570...(TSM 4.1.5 running on AIX
4.3.3)
I have some questions on migrating the data.  The current plan is to connect
the L700 to our box leaving our magstar connected as well.  We will change the
3570 tapepool to read only.   Then we will create a new pool for LTO and
migrate data from our 3570 tapepool to the new LTO tapepool.  My question
concerns our offsite copypool.   How do I handle it the data within it?
Depending on how long the migration takes for our approx. 4 TB of data, I was
thinking we could just do a backup of the LTO pool to copypool and once we know
we have everything offsite, destroy the 3570 tapes???  I may be way off base so
any suggestions would be helpful.  I don't want to lose one little bit (or
byte) of data..

Thanks so much!

Kelli Jones
Chesterfield County Information Systems Technology
jonesk AT co.chesterfield.va DOT us
phone: 804-748-1951
fax: 804-748-1571