ADSM-L

How do you backup network drive w/o logging in?

2002-02-18 09:51:03
Subject: How do you backup network drive w/o logging in?
From: "Brown, Bud" <Bud.Brown AT DHHA DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:48:35 -0700
I am looking for suggestions.  I have a NAS solution that needs to be
backed up.  I was hoping to specify a network drive on a particular
windows b/a client, until I realized that I had to be logged in all the
time to back it up.  I want to be able to backup a NAS share without
being logged in all the time...any suggestions are appreciated.  The
only thing that I can think of is to run a pre and post script that maps
a drive prior to backing up.  We have 2 RS/6000's with AIX 4.3.3 running
Tivoli 4.1.4.1.

Bud Brown
Information Services
Systems Administrator