ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database Tables

2002-02-17 18:40:19
Subject: Re: TSM Database Tables
From: Joerg Pohlmann/CanWest/IBM <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:50:36 -0800
Even better is to install the sample scripts. Shut down your server, then
do a dsmserv runfile /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/webimages/scripts.smp if your
server is on AIX (on other platforms the file is in the appropriate
directory/data set/minidisk - if you cannot find it, I'll be glad to send
it to you). Then restart your server and all you need to do is run Q_TABLES
to get a nicely formatted list of tables. My second favourite script is to
"run Q_COLUMNS <tablename>"  to get the columns in a table. Many thanks to
the developer in TSM who provided this sample set. There are many other
useful examples in this set of sample scripts that have helped me with SQL
SELECT statements.

Joerg Pohlmann

Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> on 2002-02-15 12:57:01

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>