ADSM-L

Netware 5.1/ TSM client 4.1 restore problem - disk space

2002-02-15 17:04:15
Subject: Netware 5.1/ TSM client 4.1 restore problem - disk space
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:01:33 -0500
We have TSM server 3.7.4.0 on AIX 4.3.3.  Have some Netware clients
on Netware 5.1 SP3 and TSM client 4.1.0.0.  Netware VOL1 is NSS volume
and set for Long File Names. Have been running fine for about a year in this
config.  Have restored users files many times this last year.

Now have problem trying to do some restores.  When tried to restore a users
many files in "...NT 4.0 workstation Profile.../ folders and subdirs, several
things
happened.  134 files restored and 500 failed.  We tried this sevreal times and
restored to another node to see what happened.  You get Tivoli message
ANS 4024E "... write failed.." on certain files.  also a TSA message about
can't write to file (didn't get message copied).  We found that on the Netware
System Console a message pops up the first time we try on a node.

"Directory quotas enabled on volume "VOL1"."

Our Netware Admin says the only way he knows that can happen is to type
a command on the console to enable it.

We tried restoring to the SYS: volume  on 2 nodes and then when we get to
certain files(the ones that failed on VOL1:)  it says "Out of disk space..." and
gives you a prompt to Abort/Retry/Skip.  However we are not out of disk
space.  The files in general that fail are *.lnk, *.bmp  and *.ini, but not
sure
if that is a pattern or not.  It will fail on same file each time.

In case it was some problem with that users files, tried another users
"NT Profile" directories and got similar results.
As I said we have restored many times in last year, but I don';t think
much restore done from "NT profile directory".  Have done some
search on Tivoli Web site for this problem and didn't find.

Does anyone have an idea what our problem(s) are?

Thanks,

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 02/15/02 17:14:15
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.