ADSM-L

Re: Historical data from a backupset/archive (eg. September Anybody successful in getting historical data from dsmaccnt log or a Thanx in advance for y'all's help.

2002-02-15 16:32:19
Subject: Re: Historical data from a backupset/archive (eg. September Anybody successful in getting historical data from dsmaccnt log or a Thanx in advance for y'all's help.
From: William Rosette [mailto:Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM]
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:25:49 -0500
Joe, you can define a deviceclass with type=file, maxcap=512m.
Then you can generate the backupsets to the new deviceclass.
The backupset will be written to a one or more dynamically allocated
files on your sms managed disks.  When the backup set is done you can
either FTP the files to the secondary server, our you can FTP them
locally to a machine with a cd burner, burn the cd's and mail them.

Since the restore will be done without accessing the server, the name
created doesn't have to be preserved, so you can rename the
files to bset.f1, bset.f2 etc. to make it easier for the people doing the
restore.

Hope this helps,

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell