ADSM-L

UDB restore from a backup made on different AIX-client

2002-02-15 14:53:54
Subject: UDB restore from a backup made on different AIX-client
From: Vijay Havaralu <vhavaralu AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:51:23 -0500
Hello, all.  We have a problem in restoring the udb restore to an
aix-tsm-client node.
The backup is previously taken on a different aix-client.  Both with the
same version 4.1.2.0
tsm-server version is 4.2.1.9.   (for example from aix102 db-backup to
aix401 db-restore).

We tried the options of setting dsm/dsmi dir/config variables, and 'set
access a/b * * *'.
We tried the method of changing adsm-node name (password) on adsm-server
temporarily.
On both the methods, db2adutil list commands, (and nomal client restore
across nodes),
worked fine.

But udb-restores always failed across nodes (but works on the same node).

Some of the db2adutl and restore outputs are as shown below.

I appreciate if any body has a detailed steps or method/s for a successful
restore.

udb1 redxmsg

Retrieving full database backup information.
   full database backup image: 1, Time: 20020212095531
      Oldest log: S0000000.LOG, Node: 0, Sessions used: 1
   full database backup image: 2, Time: 20020212090457
      Oldest log: S0000000.LOG, Node: 0, Sessions used: 1

dbaudb@chbsp101e:/u/dbaudb/ADSM
==> db2 "restore db REDXMSGB use adsm taken at 20020212095531
     into REDXMSGB replace existing"
SQL2542N  No match for a database image file was found based on the source
database alias and timestamp provided.
dbaudb@chbsp101e:/u/dbaudb/ADSM