ADSM-L

Re: tape volume format

2002-02-14 13:15:52
Subject: Re: tape volume format
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:10:39 -0500
Georgia,

I don't know if this helps, here is a script I use to find volumes in
private status/readwrite that are empty..

select volume_name from libvolumes where status='Private' and volume_name
not in
 (select volume_name from volumes)  and volume_name not in (select
volume_name from
 libvolumes where last_use='DbBackup')

I use this script because we have 5-6 offsite stg pools, what I do is check
them in as private and then define them to a specific offsite stgpool as
needed.

It will not give me any volsers that where last used as DB backup
tapes........

Give it a shot ???

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

                      "Blair, Georgia"
                      <georgia.blair@US        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      AA.COM>                  cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  tape volume format
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/14/2002 12:45
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Is there a command to use that displays the format of  a tape volume?

We did an upgrade of our tapedrives from b1a to e1a. Tapes were marked
read-only and data was moved off. If some of the tape volumes were not
marked read-only or put in read/write erroneously how can you detect which
they are?

Thanks
georgia.blair AT usaa DOT com