ADSM-L

Re: Upgradeing 3494 drives

2002-02-14 12:14:26
Subject: Re: Upgradeing 3494 drives
From: S W Branch <swbranc AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:11:07 -0600
We just went through this upgrade with 2 drives this past weekend and all
went pretty well. The only tapes that I had to set to "readonly" were those
in a "filling" status. I have run the library approx 10 hrs/day since then
and have not had any problems reading the old tapes. We have found a
handful of tapes with media related errors that could not be written to
once they had been reclaimed to scratch and we have been removing them from
the library.

                    Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT

                    02/14/2002 08:42 AM
                    Any replies will be addressed to: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"