ADSM-L

Upgradeing 3494 drives

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: Upgradeing 3494 drives
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU=20
We are upgradeing the drives in our 3494 library to:
-double the storage capacity of the J cartridges
-convert from SCSI to fibre
-convert from SCSI to fibre
There seems to be a question of if we need to convert just one drive and
There seems to be a question of if we need to convert just one drive and
move the data to the newly defined lib / drive or can we simply convert =
both
drives, as long as the drives remain in the same library defined to TSM.

Has anyone done this? The existing cartridges can be read by the upgraded
drives ( but noit written to ). I guess the question is will TSM use the
newly defined drives when a call for a cartridge with existing data is =
made.