ADSM-L

Down-level client reset?

2002-02-13 17:08:02
Subject: Down-level client reset?
From: Robert D Jones <dave.jones AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:50:09 -0500
We're running TSm server 4.2.1.9 under OS/390 2.10

One of our client nodes is Netware with TSM client 4.2.1.24,
but the node administrator contacted the server from
a WindowsNT 4.2.1.0 client with the same nodename.
Thereafter when the Netware client tries to login they get
"ANS1357S Session rejected: Downlevel client code version"
while we are getting on the server
"ANR0428W refused - client is down-level with this server version."

No backups were run with the down-level client (NT 4.2.1.0) that might
be lost, so now that the node is once again using it's original
NetWare
4.2.1.24 client and getting the messages, is there a way to clear the
condition so we can resume backups?  We assume we could define a
new node name and go forward, but that will really complicate life
for any restores we may need later.  Your suggestions are appreciated.