ADSM-L

Re: PC Magazine Enterprise Backup Article - NO MENTION OF TSM!! Where's the Air Support?

2002-02-12 13:18:23
Subject: Re: PC Magazine Enterprise Backup Article - NO MENTION OF TSM!! Where's the Air Support?
From: Lindsey Thomson <horse00 AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:15:47 -0600
Hi *,
 I am a newbie to this forum BUT have been using TSM Client side/Sysback
for all backup/recovery issues. Sysback works fine for the "bare metal"
recovery and ADSM/TSM works fine for the rest. Have been using this
methodology for the past 5+ years and have had very good results.
 When I posed the question to IBM: "OK, TSM works for data recovery, what
about "bare metal" recovery issues?" The response was "Sysback". I don't
see why IBM would leave TSM out of an advertisement when given the
opportunity though...
Just my $0.02.....

 I am just recently moving into the server side of TSM V42 and am having a
bit of a learning curve but it looks hopeful...  :^)

 I look forward to helpful hints from ya'll, thx.

lt
512 823 6522  (TL: 793)