ADSM-L

Re: Looking for sites with TSM 4.X running on HP-UX server

2015-10-04 17:12:13
Subject: Re: Looking for sites with TSM 4.X running on HP-UX server
From: Robin Sharpe [mailto:Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Mark,

We are running TSM 4.1.4.1 on an L2000-5x, HP-UX 11.00.
We have an HP 20/700 library with 10 DLT8000 drives, each on its own SCSI
bus.
We are in the early stages of a SAN implementation (with HP XP512 disk) and
have just added 2 A5158A fiber cards to the L2000.  At about the same time
we installed them, we noticed erratic hangs on the TSM server, which
eventually clear up... but the effect on TSM operations has been pretty
bad.  Just applied some patches to HP-UX about an hour ago... will let you
know if it fixes things.

What is your specific problem?  What is you environment (server, library,
etc.)?

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

                    "Kovacs, Mark"
                    <Mark.Kovacs@P
                    HARMA.COM>     To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                   cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                    02/11/02 05:15 Subject:
                    PM                    Looking for sites with TSM 4.X
running on HP-UX server
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

To all:

        I would like to get in contact with anyone running TSM 4.X on HP-UX
11.00.  We have multiple servers and one is experiencing application
issues.
We have been in continuous contact with TSM support, but find it very
frustrating.  We believe it may be a combination of patches on both TSM as
well as HPUX.

        Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
mark