ADSM-L

Re: Looking for sites with TSM 4.X running on HP-UX server

2002-02-12 12:40:37
Subject: Re: Looking for sites with TSM 4.X running on HP-UX server
From: "Kovacs, Mark" <Mark.Kovacs AT PHARMA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:39:01 -0500
Robin,

        Great to hear from you!

        We are backing up 60 UNIX servers and 220 NT/W2K servers with 15TB
of EMC and 1.5 TB of NetApp to two L-Class boxes each with 4 440MHz procs,
12 GB RAM and an ATL P6000 w/16 drive tape library each.  TSM 3.7.4 was very
stable and our only problem was keeping pace with the rapid increase in new
servers.  When we went to 4.1, bugs started to crop in and caused stability
issues.  We've had horrible and frustrating experiences with Tivoli support.

        In 4.1 we ran into a known bug that corrupted the database.  We
applied all of the patches required by support (getting us up to 4.1.5) and
now we are running into a thread errors.  One of the threads will crash and
bring down the app.  Would it be possible to share the output of swlist ?
I'm hoping that there may be a patch that you have already installed that we
have not.

thanks,
mark