ADSM-L

disaster recovery

2002-02-11 11:24:21
Subject: disaster recovery
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:21:27 -0500
> HI, we are currently putting together our disaster recovery plan.  I was
> wondering what you may use as to any of the disaster services (Sungard,
> IBM...) or even your own hotsite? with duplicate equipment.

We use SunGard's Philadelphia Megacenter. Most of our recovery tests there
have been successful. Our main problem has been with networking. It usually
takes the SunGard staff several iterations to get network connectivity right.
One test was largely a failure because of network performance problems. Ping
commands were showing 10 to 20 percent lost packets while I was at the
Megacenter.