ADSM-L

Re: WG: subfile backup configuration

2002-02-11 08:20:07
Subject: Re: WG: subfile backup configuration
From: Thomas Anthon-Kiel <tak AT ONLINESAFE DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:17:35 +0100
Hi Wolf-Christian,

if you have included your .pst files to subfile backup the TSM client is using
the subfile feature in the following way. At the first time TSM is sending the
base file to the server. Afterwards the changes will be send as a delta file by
byte level (1 kB to 3 MB) or block level (3 MB to 2 GB) to the server. This
delta files are used in a differential way. A maximum of 20 delta files can be
made before TSM automatically is generating a new base file (full backup)
again. But if the delta file exceeds 60 percent of the size of the base file a
new base file will be made!!! That means, you have no control about the full
backup!!! This will be made automatically by TSM if one of the above
requirements is true.
This is the reason why I didn´t work much with subfile backup.
If you need some more detailed informations send me a short mail and I can send
you a document with a more detailed describtion of the subfile process.

Many greeting

Thomas

Zitiere "Luecke, Wolf-Christian (K-DOI-44)" <wolf-