ADSM-L

TDP Oracle 2.1.10 'libobk.so' problems on Oracle 8.1.7 / Solaris 2.7

2002-02-08 10:33:55
Subject: TDP Oracle 2.1.10 'libobk.so' problems on Oracle 8.1.7 / Solaris 2.7
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:30:14 -0800
Kent,

The first real obvious thing that I see is the TSM API Architecture. If
you are running 32bit TDP for Oracle then you TSM API needs to be 32bit.
However, when you run the aobpswd it uses the TSM API to comunicate with
the TSM Server to manage passwords so this indicates that they are both
the same architecture. In short, you need to go back and make sure that
Oracle and TDP for Oracle and the TSM API are all the same archetecture.
The next step is to ensure that your soft links are in order for
libobk.so. The link should look like the following:

   $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.so -> /usr/lib/libobk.so
   /usr/lib/libobk.so -> /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/libobk.so

If the is correct and you verify that Rman is still is not using TDP for
Oracle you might want to try running Oracle's linking process.

Shut down all Oracle instances that use $ORACLE_HOME
Go to the $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory. If the libobk.so file exists in
this directory, remove it.
Go to the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib directory.
Enter the following command to relink RMAN with TDP for Oracle:
   $ make -f ins_rdbms.mk LLIBMM=/usr/lib/libobk.so ioracle

Verify that the relinking process has completed.

Even though the above step is not supposed to be necessary, we have found
that this works sometimes for us.