ADSM-L

Re: Testing A WIN2k Server restore

2002-02-08 08:56:47
Subject: Re: Testing A WIN2k Server restore
From: "Adams, Matt (US - Hermitage)" <maadams AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:54:11 -0600
One thing I neglected to add..(important however)

Once the restore is complete and you reboot, then you will attempt to have
two servers on the network with same name and SID...not a good thing.  You
really need to convince the application/server owner to allow you to bring
it offline temporarily by disconnecting the network cable at the recover
server reboot time to avoid this.  Then check the success of the recovery.

Again, stress the importance of testing... you don't want to trouble shoot..
and they will not want to wait if a real recovery needs to take place and
you are working out the kinks... And trust me... there will be kinks.

Matt