ADSM-L

Re: Urgent!! Restoring domino database at point-in-time

2002-02-07 08:13:17
Subject: Re: Urgent!! Restoring domino database at point-in-time
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:10:58 -0500
> MGMT for Domino client has configurated for storing 30
> version.
> My question is :
> The inactivelog command removes the transation logs
> for inactive versions of the domino database backups
> when these logs don't contain info about active domino
> database.
> Then I can only restore the inactive version the day
> that I backed up the database and not in a point in
> time, is it true ?
> If I want to restore a domino inactive database, I
> need to restore the domino database afterthat
> activatedbs applying transation logs (in case
> transation logs are in the TSM Server) .Is it
> possible?.

Fran,

I think I understand your question...
If the transaction logger ID has not changed, you
can restore inactive backups and also apply
inactive transaction logs backups against those
databases.  You need to make sure that your management
classes are set up so that the inactive transaction
log backups do not expire too quickly.
Please read the "TSM Policy Requirements and Recommendations"
and "Backup Strategy Considerations" sections in the
TDP for Domino User's Guide. They will explain how
to set up your management classes.

If the transaction logger ID has changed, you will
need to follow the steps in the Appendix titled
"Advanced Restore Procedures."

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave