ADSM-L

Has anyone been able to get an AIX mksysb backup to backup to <<...OLE_Obj...>> indy Crawford

2002-02-07 06:06:58
Subject: Has anyone been able to get an AIX mksysb backup to backup to <<...OLE_Obj...>> indy Crawford
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
From: Neil Sharp <neil AT DYADIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:03:29 +0000
Just a word of warning. We had a very unsuccessful install of a 3583 with
TSM on a AIX box. The library turned out to be very unreliable to the point
where every component was replaced but still it did not function correctly.
In the end IBM held their hands up and admitted that there where issues
with this model. We are now running on a 3584 which is much better.

Good luck.

Neil Sharp
Dyadic Systems Limited
Tel : 01256-811125
E-mail : neil AT dyadic DOT com

                      "Seay, Paul"
                      <seay_pd@NAPTHEO         To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      N.COM>                   cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject: Re: IBM 3583 Library
question.
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      07/02/2002 06:11
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

Generally, you want to use *stcbn if it is available.  The reason is the
drive will stay at the point between closes and reports the location block
on open.  Remember these are smart drives like Magstar and can skip to a
block as requested.  Typically, a backup product does that.  However, I
will
defer to rest if they have a better answer.