ADSM-L

Netware 5.1 SP3 Schedule NOT running

2002-02-06 13:01:44
Subject: Netware 5.1 SP3 Schedule NOT running
From: Marc David <marc.david AT PFPC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:57:08 -0500
We just had a problem with Netware 5.1 with SP3.

We have an RS6000 running AIX 4.3.3 TSM Server code 3.7.4 soon to be 4.2

Our Netware clients are all on client code 4.1.2

Under SP2 this was no problem. But when we upgraded Novell Servers to SP3.
The schedule, won't run correctly.

What was happening is, We'd get a return code 4 error after the schedule
would die after scanning one object to backup.

Instead of the thousands of files on these Novell servers.  We needed to
down the latest NLM from Novell.

Here's the older versions of SMDR, TSA500 and TSANDS  and the new versions.
We needed to change.

Now if your running  version 4.1.3. It was supposed to be clear up in that
version.  Plus the new codes all have the fixes in them.

Before NLM upgrade

SMDR.NLM        (Address Space = OS)
   Loaded from [SYS:SYSTEM\]
  NetWare SMS Data Requestor
  Version 5.05     May 14, 2001
  (C) Copyright 1997 Novell, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
TSA500.NLM      (Address Space = OS)
   Loaded from [SYS:SYSTEM\]
  NetWare 5.1 Target Service Agent
  Version 5.04     March 31, 2001
  (C) Copyright 2001 Novell, Inc.  All rights reserved.
TSANDS.NLM      (Address Space = OS)
   Loaded from [SYS:SYSTEM\]
  Novell Directory Services Target Service Agent
  Version 86.00     May 23, 2001
  Copyright 1992-2000 Novell, Inc.  All rights reserved.

  After NLM upgrade

SMDR.NLM        (Address Space = OS)
   Loaded from [SYS:SYSTEM\]
  NetWare SMS Data Requestor
  Version 5.06     August 20, 2001
  (C) Copyright 2001 Novell, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
TSA500.NLM      (Address Space = OS)
   Loaded from [SYS:SYSTEM\]
  NetWare 5.1 Target Service Agent
  Version 5.05     August 13, 2001
  (C) Copyright 1990-2001 Novell, Inc.  All rights reserved.
TSANDS.NLM      (Address Space = OS)
   Loaded from [SYS:SYSTEM\]
  TSA for Novell eDirectory 7.x, 8.x
  Version 10110.39e    November 14, 2001
  Copyright 1999-2001 Novell, Inc.  All rights reserved.

Marc David
Storage Manager
PFPC Global Fund Services
(508) 871-9961