ADSM-L

Re: 2 servers and libraries , 2 sites, I want super disaster

2015-10-04 17:12:12
Subject: Re: 2 servers and libraries , 2 sites, I want super disaster
From: Bill Smoldt [mailto:smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM]=20
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Arnaud,

Before I answer this question, I would have to know the bandwidth of
your data link between the two sites.  The implementation would be
different for a slower link than a faster link.

Regardless, I've found that in every situation such as this, it is
beneficial to build two TSM server instances on each machine.  Server1
on machine 1 and Server2 on the other machine 2 are the normally active
servers, and the others are placeholders in case you need to run both
servers on one machine during disaster recovery mode.

Once that is in place, virtual volumes for database backups will likely
be OK depending on the link speed and size of the database.  Because you
know that the opposite server will be running during a disaster, you can
add other functions as you add link speed.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.