ADSM-L

Re: Domino TDP

2015-10-04 17:12:12
Subject: Re: Domino TDP
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Is it indeed true that there is no bitfile object, as the query
inventory
> indicates the size of this object id is 0.0?  Or does TDP store the
bitfile
> object in a container somewhere that I am not looking?

TDP for Domino backups are made up of two
TSM server objects.  You found one of them.
We call this the "header" object.
It contains no bitfile data.  It contains
"meta" data that describes the backup.

The other object is the "data" object.
It has the same name but it has a ".DATA"
appended to the LL object name.  It contains
the bitfile data for the backup.

So in your example, you would have:

   \MAIL\ 123456.NSF               (header)
   \MAIL\ 123456.NSF.DATA          (data)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave