ADSM-L

Management Class Setup

2002-02-05 06:16:58
Subject: Management Class Setup
From: "Ramnarayan, Sean A [EDS]" <SARamnarayan AT CALTEX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:17:16 +0200
Hi

I need assistance in setting up a management class for a Informix
database on a AIX server.
We are currently running ADSM server Version 3.
The ADSM/API client installed on the server is version 3.1.20.7.
We are using the Onbar utility to backup the Informix database to ADSM.
The scheduled Informix backups needs to be kept for the following
periods :

1) A full backup to run once a week to be kept for 32 days
2) A incremental backup to run daily excluding when the full backup runs
to be kept for 32 days.
3) A full backup once a month to be kept for 2 years.
4) A full backup every 3 months to be kept for 1 year.

Please take in consideration the Informix logs must also be backed up.
I also need to use the same NODE name as well as the same Storage pool
when defining the management class.

Your help in the above will be greatly appreciated.

Thks

Sean Ramnarayan
TSM Administrator
EDS (South Africa)

"MMS <caltex.com>" made the following
 annotations on 02/05/2002 01:17:17 PM
---
DISCLAIMER
DISCLAIMER
This message may contain confidential information that is legally privileged
and is intended only  for the use of the parties to whom it is addressed. If
you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of any information in this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message. Thank you.