ADSM-L

Re: TDP questions

2002-02-01 02:32:30
Subject: Re: TDP questions
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 01:22:48 -0600
The TDPs tend to create separate filespaces for the database objects.  I
usually do a q occ report and see how many objects there are in the
filespace for the database.  Indirect but efficient.

Managing expiration is the job of the TDP or application software.
Ordinarily a new filename is used for every new backup, and TSM hangs onto
the file until it is specifically deleted by the TDP.

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc
630 718 4238

                      "Hunley, Ike"
                      <Ike.Hunley@BCBSF        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      L.COM>                   cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  TDP questions
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      01/31/2002 08:14
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Where do I find out how many backups TDP keeps.
How do we know when a successful backup took place via TDP?

Thanks
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this
e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect
the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.