ADSM-L

Re: Cleaning the tapes

2002-02-01 00:09:45
Subject: Re: Cleaning the tapes
From: Jim Taylor <jtaylor AT ENLOGIX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:03:24 -0800
Nazir

I think that you are refering to doing tape reclamation.  Tape reclamation
will not occur until your tapes have been marked as full and then the
percentage utilized drops below your reclamation threshold.  Reclamation
will not occur for tapes that are filling.  to do this you would have to
issue a move data command.  My concern is; Why is TSM asking for new tapes
if your existing tapes are not full?  Is TSM asking for tapes for use in a
different storage pool?

Please include the results from; q libv, q vol, q sess f=d, q proc.