ADSM-L

Re: process will not end...

2002-01-31 18:00:45
Subject: Re: process will not end...
From: Ray Pratts <rpratts AT SWBELL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:59:21 -0600
Once a process begins which requires a tape that TSM "thinks" is available, that
process will not end until the tape is mounted.  I'm assuming that the tape was
checked out with out using the MOVE command.  When you have DRM use the MOVE
command to checkout your tapes.

If the tape is onsite, simply check it in and the process will end as soon as
the tape has been mounted.

If the tape is not onsite, try updating the volume status to unavailable.  This
may allow the process to end, but I'm not sure.

If that doesn't work.  You may have to halt TSM and start it backup.