ADSM-L

Can't cancel command line admin session

2002-01-31 01:01:29
Subject: Can't cancel command line admin session
From: Raymond Chao <Raymond.Chao AT IPAUSTRALIA.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:58:14 +1000
Hi TSMers,

           We are running TSM 3.7.4.0 on AIX 4.3.3 . I tried the command
"cancel session PID=9465" but had no luck.
Normally, the admin session is cancelled when we exit but ocassionally it
remians there. This only happens spasmodically
and is from the command line backup client interface. However, if we get a
few of these sessions which can't be
cancelled then TSM dramatically slows down. A reboot will then be
required.  Any ideas for a fix.  Is this a 3.7.4 bug ?

One such session which I can't cancel  is as follows -

9,465      Tcp/Ip      Run       0 s                512.6K        645
Bytes         Admin   AIX     RAYMOND

Thanks in Advance,
Raymond Chao
Database and Unix Group