ADSM-L

Tape Error

2002-01-30 08:18:05
Subject: Tape Error
From: Christian Astuni <astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:06:49 -0300
Hi ...all
I have a question with the tapes. I have 4 Compaq DLT 7000 in TSM 4.2.1.9
in Windows NT. My server have only one SCSI adapter and only 3 of the 4 DLT
work fine, but one doesn't work. This tape work fine in Windows NT (NT
Backup). When I try to write I received this error messages:

ANR8302E I/O error on drive MT2 <MT2.0.0.1> <OP=WRITE, Error Number=1117,
CC=205, KEY=FF  ASC,=FF  ASCQ=FF,
SENSE=**NONE**
Description=SCSI adapter failure>.  Refer to Appendix D in the 'Messages'
manual for recommended action.
ANR1411W Access mode for volume AD0002 now set to "read-only" due to write
error.

I found in the appendix D the messages and the only code that I found is
CC=205 and the explanation was:
"Check for loose cables, bent pins, bad cables, bad SCSI adapters, improper
termination or bad termination"
If one of this reasons are correctly, the tape doesn't work fine in NT
either or I'm wrong. ?

Thank you very much at all !!

Christian Astuni
IBM Global Services
astuni AT ar.ibm DOT com
Tel. 4898-4621
Hipolito Yrigoyen 2149  - Martínez (1640) Bs. As. - Argentina