ADSM-L

Re: Local DAT-Drive for UNLOADDB

2002-01-29 10:18:52
Subject: Re: Local DAT-Drive for UNLOADDB
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:16:41 +0100
Hi Christoph,
check mount limit of your device class.

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618

Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
29.01.2002 14:41

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Local DAT-Drive for UNLOADDB

Hi all,

on my testserver (AIX 4.3.3 / TSM 4.14 ) I tried to get the local
DAT-drive
as output-device for a test of unloaddb/loaddb going.
Defined a 'manuel library' called 'LOC_DEV'
Defined a 'manuel drive' called 'DAT1' pointing to '/dev/rmt0' with
Library
Name 'LOC_DEV'
Defined a '4mm device class' called 'DAT' with 'recording format ' DDS3C',
'library name' = 'LOC_DEV'

Labelling a volume with 'label libvol LOC_DEV vol001' seems to work :

ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: LABEL LIBVOLUME LOC_DEV
vol001
OVERWRITE=YES
ANR0984I Process 3 for LABEL LIBVOLUME started in the BACKGROUND at
14:24:40.
ANR8799I LABEL LIBVOLUME: Operation for library LOC_DEV started as process
3.
ANR8326I 002: Mount GENERICTAPE volume VOL001 R/W in drive DAT1
(/dev/rmt0)
of library LOC_DEV within 60 minutes.
ANR0609I LABEL LIBVOLUME started as process 3.
ANR8372I 002: Remove GENERICTAPE volume VOL001 from drive DAT1 (/dev/rmt0)
of library LOC_DEV.
ANR8800I LABEL LIBVOLUME for volume VOL001 in library LOC_DEV completed
successfully. ANR0985I Process 3 for LABEL LIBVOLUME running in the
BACKGROUND completed with completion state SUCCESS at 14:27:38.

Then I tried to make a dbbackup to the device class 'DAT', type 'FULL' on
volume 'vol001' an d got the following error :

ANR2280I Full database backup started as process 4.
ANR4571E Database backup/restore terminated - insufficient number of mount
points available for removable media.
ANR0985I Process 4 for DATABASE BACKUP running in the FOREGROUND completed
with completion state FAILURE at 14:28:57.

My question : where do I have to set the number of mountpoints other then
in
the the '4mm device class' or do I have enywhere else a wrong definition ?

Thanks for help

Chris