ADSM-L

Re: Querying Client's Management Class

2015-10-04 17:13:42
Subject: Re: Querying Client's Management Class
From: mobeenm [mailto:mobeenm AT MICRON DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I would like to know the nodes using a particular management class. I have
about 150 clients belonging to NT_DOMAIN, UNIX_DOMAIN and VMS_DOMAIN. Now i
would like to know which of these clients is backing up data with a
retention of more than say 4yrs? Is there any way to do this.

A dumb way to do this is probably go to each client node and check its
include/exclude/dsm.sys to find out the retention. But what i would like to
do is, run a query to find out all the filespaces on a node that have a
retention of greater than 4yrs and i would like to do this to all the nodes
in the 3 domains mentioned above.

Thanks
Mobeen