ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?

2015-10-04 17:13:42
Subject: Re: TSM Server on Windows - Does it work?
From: Prather, Wanda [mailto:Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kelly (and others),

This is VERY interesting, as I need to find an upgrade path for our largest
TSM server.
Can you give me some info about your I/O config for these Windows servers?
How many paths to the disk/ what type?

My current server is AIX on an F50, no problem with cycles.  Four 9840
drives, we do reclaim pretty much around the clock.

My concern in trying to move to Windows is the disk.  The DB is 28 GB and I
have to expire about 100000 objects per day.  I had to give up using
rollforward mode to get enough speed to handle the daily reclamation.

The I/O is spread across 3 buses for TSM plus a fourth for root.  Two of the
buses have SSA disk; the other 2 are ultrascsi.  All are JBOD.  And the F50
still spends a lot of time in I/O wait, it's busy constantly.

Any idea what type of Windows disk config could handle this?