ADSM-L

Re: Assigning MGMT to SYSTEMOBJECT?

2002-01-23 22:44:36
Subject: Re: Assigning MGMT to SYSTEMOBJECT?
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:39:40 +0300
Mark,

What led you to believe that?  I don't see any evidence that TSM uses
ntbackup - I don't see any command line options that allow output similar to
the contents of adsm.sys from ntbackup, and it always pops up the GUI
screen.

The supported method to backup the registry live is available from the NT or
W2K resource kit - regback.exe.  The output of regback is identical to that
of the contents of adsm.sys, and the contents of adsm.sys can be restored
with it's complement, regrestore.

It would be interesting if we could use ntbackup to restore the registry -
let me know if you have a way to do this.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.