ADSM-L

Re: Has anyone else seen a performance hit going from backint 2.4 .17. 3 to TDP/R3 3.4.0.6?

2002-01-23 11:06:23
Subject: Re: Has anyone else seen a performance hit going from backint 2.4 .17. 3 to TDP/R3 3.4.0.6?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:48:37 -0500

SSD wasn't supported under HACMP when we installed the ESS and I don't have
a test environment for it (yet). Actually, the only platform I can see real
effects on is my production environment, and that gets REAL UGLY in terms of
experimentation. I hope to have a true test environment late February or
early March but until then I've got to be careful with the tweaks and SSD
isn't in the running. I'm playing with cutting back our multiplexing level,
to see if that makes any noticeable change.

(Acronyms are so much fun -- I saw an article in the '80s about a bank
investigating the use of ATM for their ATM netwrk . . .)

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc